Monday, November 14, 2011

PerTronix and why I need moral support

Got the electronic ignition done.  It said it would take "20 minutes to install".  Ha!  Two and a half hours later....... My poor father. I had to keep sending pictures and asking really stupid questions.  I wish he were closer.  The worst part of the job (and the most time consuming) is figuring out which tool to use to take whatever it is off or put it back on.  Plus it was dark and windy and cold.  I couldn't figure out where the two wires should come out of the distributor.  I couldn't figure that out because I forgot to remove the wire that was already there.  After that issue, I changed the coil, thought I was good to go.  The wire wouldn't fit on the coil.  I later find out, my mistake-again.  I just need to slide the little boot back so it could push into the end of the coil.  THIS is why I need moral support and supervision. ;)  I must have spent at least 45 minutes trying to figure out my really stupid issues.  Live and learn.  Now I don't know how to adjust the timing and it is running rough and acts as if it may die now and then.  I am going to have to call for back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment