Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Not the choke silly

So, after all of the anguish and being pissed off at Jezebel, it was just the points.  tee hee.  Something so simple and cheap ruining my fun. And who knew Auto Zone of all places would have them. I did learn a lot AND changed the points all by myself!  I do have to credit my dad's ability to instruct over the phone.  Thanks dad!  Oh, and I didn't have them quite right the first try, which stranded me for a few on the causeway.  The joys of redoing the points at night with the wind blowing off the bay alone and on the side of the road....I can't describe it.  A video would be highly entertaining I am sure.  Success was mine in the end! I did order the PerTronix kit to switch to electronic ignition--to some friends' disappointment.  I can always change it back if I wanna!  Next on my agenda, throwing that in when it arrives this week, then, transmission gasket--finally! 

No comments:

Post a Comment