Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Biggest job yet

At the end of the month, my dad and I will be pulling the heads due to two bad valves.  I am upset to be off the road until then, but kind of happy that she will run with full power soon!  It was a great learning experience trying to trouble shoot, although Doug told me what it was...I hoped he was wrong, alas, he was not. So I still went through the motions (changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor...then did the compression test).  All was going great, saved the bad ones for the end, and of course, the compression test showed 4 and 6 at 0-50.  Bad news because I need help to complete the job, but good news because I finally know what is wrong.  Also, it will be fun to work on the Olds with my dad.  While we are working, I will try to hunt down that pesky tranny leak yet again, change the oil, maybe have the carb rebuilt and any other maintenance I can get done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment