Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Almost back in action!

My dad and I got the heads pulled and they are at the machine shop.  Get them back tomorrow!  This has been a really great learning experience.  It was actually much easier than I expected.  We are even completing this without air tools, so in my opinion, we are making excellent timing.  Although my dad does like to mention how much easier this would be with them repeatedly.  :)  After inspection, the two bad valves were not getting any oil.  Plus, one head had been rebuilt and the other had not.  Why would someone do that?!  While I wait for the return of the heads, I am scraping gaskets (which really sucks), degreasing and dealing with other minor issues.  I seem to be permanently oil stained from the elbow down, even after four washes with orange yumminess and multiple Dawn washes.  What the H?  I have also discovered how you memorize tool sizes and can guess which size you need--the cleaning of the tools and putting them away after each days use. It is starting to stick now!  I am so appreciative that I have so much support.  So many silly questions answered, tools loaned and encouragement given--thanks guys and gals!!

It isn't a day in the garage with Jen if something isn't spilled on the floor.  Antifreeze mess.
   
Bad valves and oil gunk...

No comments:

Post a Comment